Monday, November 11, 2013

Staycation 2013 - Galveston

With the end of year chaos, just around the corner, I decided to take off a week and spend some quality time with my P. I got us a room at Moody Gardens for Monday night and we drove down that morning to enjoy some time away. We started off at the Moody Gardens Aquarium. I think we were two of five people in the whole attraction, so we had the place to ourselves, which actually made for a fun experience. We were in no rush, so P was free to play.


Posing at the Sea Lions

Mommy and P

At each Shark exhibit, P got to stamp a little book, which she did, in addition to her arms...






Locked in a Shark Cage

Apparently she doesn't share her Mama's crippling fear of sting rays



When she is a bit older, we will definitely have to see the 4-D Wizard of Oz.



On to the Rain Forest Pyramid, where it would have been nice to know that there were birds just flying around...no cages, or netting...nothing. I also have a crippling fear of birds (of which I have totally passed to P!! Oh well!) 

Ready to catch a butterfly!

They were everywhere and she absolutely loved seeing them! 






This is when she was telling me, what she would do if the giant snake got out.


Parenting 101: Here P, stand on this ledge and don't move, so I can take a cool picture! 


The next day we ate room service for breakfast which was a hit! (I am raising a DIVA!)  And we headed to the Sea Wall. Since it was the middle of the week, the Pleasure Pier wasn't open, but we still had fun walking along the beach and went and sat on the porch at Murdoch's to enjoy the ocean.

Possibly one of my new favorites of us!!


When you are 2, chasing the sea gulls never gets old!

We hung around Galveston for the day, before heading back to Spring and continuing our Staycation.

No comments:

Post a Comment