Friday, November 30, 2018

Dear Peyton,

Dear Peyton,

As is my tradition I write you a little note on the day before your birthday. Today happens to be a particularly fun time to write you a note because as I type you are next to me in our hotel room in NYC.
I know I say it every letter but time is flying and this year was no exception. I really love how mature you have become. Everyone at my work has fallen even more in love with you. You got to come to work with me a couple of times this year and your official job is shredding whatever people need. But I have to say, there is something special about seeing the people I spend so much time working with embrace you and your quirky sense of humor.
Speaking of your sense of humor, its dead on! You can make me laugh like no one else. And after years of listening to me, your sarcasm is perfectly timed. A skill I can truly appreciate!
The first half of second grade had some stumbling points. Girls can be hurtful and we have nursed some wounded feelings a few times. I pray that you learn and can always see your value and have confidence in yourself, because you are amazing. You have an old soul and sometimes it takes a bit for your peers to see that and appreciate it. Lately, you've been quoting Gone with the Wind and it makes me laugh how much you can enjoy old movies.
I am loving this age. You are still my baby and want to snuggle and have me baby you,  but you can make yourself food and enjoy some quiet time in your room without any interference with me. It is nice to go out to dinner with you and carry on an actual conversation about whats going on in the world. You have a big heart and can at times wear it on your sleeve. But I will never think that is bad because it helps steer your decisions. You can't understand injustice and I think that will help you when you are older and in your future.
I can't wait to continue our adventure next year!
I love you MOST!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment