Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And so it begins...

Ethan and I are proud to announce that we are expecting an addition to our family this December! We are a little overwhelmed, but very excited at the thought of being parents.

A little background on our relationship, Ethan and I first began dating when we were sophomores in high school. Over the years we had a couple of break ups, but always reconnected. We were married on September 8th, 2007 at our dream wedding and have been living happily ever after ever since.
We found out we were pregnant the week before Easter, but kept the secret until Mother's Day when we revealed the surprise to our families. It was very hard keeping something so big from everyone, especially when the morning sickness was 24 hours a day, but seeing everyone's reactions was priceless. Of course, I had told Jill beforehand as I have never been able to keep a secret from her. She can read me like a book and just before I had my first doctor's appointment, she called me out point blank. It was a relief to be able to talk to her about any fears and concerns and she even put in a good word with our doctor. It's very comforting to know that we have the support of both of our families as we begin our journey into parenthood.

I am going to do my best to keep this blog updated. I have been an avid blog follower and I love the idea of preserving memories and sharing them with family and friends. I am so excited to be on this journey and can't wait for the upcoming months.

1 comment:

  1. Only one more day until you know if Peyton is a boy or girl!!!! I can hardly wait!!!

    ReplyDelete