Monday, June 13, 2011

Busy Weekend

On Thursday, my work gave me tickets to the Astros vs Cardinals game. After some quick scheduling and confirming that my Mom could pick up Peyton we headed to the Juice Box. We had really good seats, directly behind the Astros dugout and 1st base, 5 rows up!

Ethan and Layne







I didn't know many of the players on the Astros (basically only Hunter Pence), it's been a while since I have watched professional baseball. But I did get to see Lance Berkman who now plays for the Cardinals make some big plays against his old team. So it was not a complete bust!




Me and Ethan


Me and Novey


On Friday night I met some great friends for dinner at Cafe Express on Market Street! I loved hanging out with just the girls and with our busy lives we don't get to do it enough.

Novey and Peyton




Sam and Peyton





Miss P sitting at the table like a big girl



Nat is due to have her own little bundle of joy in December! We are so excited to meet Baby Wood! As a friend, Natalie is one of the most unjudgemental people I have ever met! She is currently in graduate school at SHSU for School Psychology. I know that she and Shawn will make great parents. They don't find out what they are having until July but I can't wait to find out and for our kids to become great friends.



On Saturday, Natalie I ventured to Neal’s Berry Farm and Farmer's Market. We got to pick our own blackberries. It was fun even if it was 100 degrees outside.

Peyton slept through the first half....


But we still posed for a picture
Once she woke up....
(being the "On Top of it Mother" that I am, her shins got a little sunburned....just barely pink. I put sunscreen on her, but apparently not on her shins. It probably wouldn't even show on another child but on my porcelain, alabaster white Peyton it was a little pink, but she didn't act like it bothered her at all)


Reaching for her own berries to pick

Saturday night, Ethan and I went on a long over due date night. We originally planned to see The Hangover 2, but with poor planning on our part the movie was sold out, so we settled for dinner at Babins. It was nice to be out together and just talk. There was a couple next to us with twin 5 week old girls. It made me realize how fast these past 6 months have flown by. I miss my little newborn, but I am loving my P at this age.



In the middle of the night Saturday, Peyton was not her usual sleeping thru the night self and we couldn't get her back down. After a few hours of crying, we finally figured it must be her teeth. When I checked her gums, sure enough one was inflamed and a little bud was peeking through. Once we gave her some Tylenol and a little baby oragel she was back asleep.


Sunday we had a quiet morning around the house recovering from the previous night. Peyton was in a clingy mood so she stayed pretty close to my side. We went over to Ethan's parents for an early dinner, and I got the below shots of Paw Paw and his girl.


1 comment:

  1. Rachel!!!!!! Thanks for the comment about me! You're so sweet. Love you!

    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete