Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This was Peyton's first Thanksgiving. She began her celebration at her school feast at school on Wednesday. When I picked her up, Miss Jennifer commented that she loved the meal, she even had 3 helpings of stuffing with cranberries. (That is definitely my favorite part of Thanksgiving, glad to know she has at least a few of my qualities.)
On Thursday we started our celebration at my Aunt Donna and Uncle Daniel's house. I have been anxiously anticipating this day for a few weeks now, becuase I was in on a little secret that I knew was about to be revealed. Once the Ash Family arrived, Avery announced that she was having a baby. Since she says that kind of stuff often, so Nana didn't really believe her at first but after a quick check from Jill, it was confirmed. Baby Ash is expected to make his/her arrival in June 2012. I am so excited and happy for Brian, Jill and Avery. Avery's had a lot of practice being the big cousin to P, but I cannot wait to see her with a sibling. I absolutely LOVE being an Aunt, it's probably 2nd to being a Mom, and now between Jill and Jennifer's 2012 babies, I get to become an Aunt to two more little loves. What a wonderful blessing to be Thankful for!

After the celebration and great food at the Holak's house, we headed to Papaw and Gramsy's for another meal and more visiting. The meal was wonderful and Peyton ate several more helpings of Thanksgiving comfort food and stole all of the attention. Everyone got a kick out of her rendention of "Deck the Halls" if I sing a verse and then say "Fa la la la la la" she looks at me and sings her own version of "La la la" with a HUGE grin on her face. She LOVES music and if I need to distract her I can sing the theme song to "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and she will stop what she is doing and bounce to the music.
After all the meals, rather than collapse from exhaustion, Christine and I decided to be brave and go out for Blakc Friday sales. We started at 9 pm at Toys R Us and while the crowd was pretty intense, they were very organized so it wasn't bad at all. We stocked up on Christmas gifts and then headed to the Mall which opened at midnight. Although it was intense, the deals were worth it and Christine made waiting funny. This is definitely going to become a Thanksgiving tradition.

P with Grampa

Aunt Chrissy...still not ready!!

P loves her Uncle Ryan

The reaction of Avery telling Nana she is having a baby.
I love the way P looks at Avery.

Meme Rose, surprised by the announcement

Reading the shirt more clearly.

Avery, the Soon to be BIG SISTER

Cousins and Avery

Ryan, Jill, Meme, Papa, Christine and me

All the Ladies

All the guys + Avery

P in her Thanksgiving outfit

Just looking at Avery makes her HAPPY!

Family Portrait

I love that smile!!

Getting all the attention at Gramsy and Papaw's


She has him wrapped around her finger!!

More love from Aunt Debbie and Mamaw

Christine and I prepared for some shopping Thanksgiving night and into Black Friday morning.
What a wonderful Thanksgiving we had!! Soo much more now to be Thankful for. I know that I had a post about being Thankful before, but this last weekend made me realize more than I ever have, how lucky we are to have the families that we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment