Saturday, July 16, 2011

It takes a Village

This past week has been a hard one, as a working Mom, it's hard to split your attention between a sick baby and the demands at work, plus the everyday events of a normal day. But we are sooo lucky to have the support system we do!


On Tuesday, after I had stayed home and we went to the Dr office, both Grandmas came over to help and I sure needed it, because P was throwing up and just overall very fussy. That night Ethan and I took turns letting Peyton sleep on our chests.


On Wednesday, Gramsey stayed home from work and watched Peyton and once we got home, we were greeted by Nana, Aunt Donna, and Aunt Chrissy. They had come to check on poor P and Aunt Donna had made us a chicken spaghetti (a personal favorite of mine). We had another very rough night Wed, but it appeared the worst was over so Peyton returned to daycare on Thursday.


Well I was wrong becuase while there, Peyton only had 1 bottle for the whole day and she was refusing all liquids. I was worried that if we didn't get her to eat/drink something soon we would be spending the night at TX Childrens. After a quick call to the Dr and Aunt Jilly I was determined to get her to drink something. Gramsey and PaPaw came by becuase by then I was going on 3 days of less than 5 hours of sleep. I hadn't been that tired since P was days old. After some coaxing, she finally drank a few ounces of Pedilyte and 3/4 of a bottle. She finally had a good night's sleep, which we both REALLY needed.


Friday PaPaw cancelled his fishing trip to watch Peyton so she could get some extra TLC and rest. I ended up leaving work early, so I could take her back to the doctor's office, because the medicine they had prescribed before didn't seem to be helping. The Doctor said her ear infection had turned severe and must have been resistent to Augmentin. Poor baby was in horrible pain, but she was a trooper. They gave her a quick shot and another prescription and finally was able to get some relief. Friday night Nana came by to check on her girl, Peyton went to bed on time. And for the first time all week had a good night sleep.


I am so grateful for all of the help we had, and all this is not counting the emails and texts I got from other family and friends to check on Peyton and see how we were doing.


Even with a sick baby at home, I can not help but feel blessed and a little overwelmed by how much everyone loves this little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment